About Navy ERP
Enabling a World-Class Navy Business Enterprise
Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is the Department of the Navy (DON) financial system of record, meaning it provides reliable information for Navy leadership to keep our Navy moving forward. Using sophisticated business management software, Navy ERP streamlines the Navy’s business operations, namely financial and supply chain management. This enables the DON to be diligent stewards of taxpayer dollars while supporting the Navy’s mission to "maintain, train and equip combat-ready naval forces capable of winning wars, deterring aggression and maintaining freedom of the seas."
Navy ERP's mission is to develop and sustain a business capability that enables the Navy business enterprise to budget, account for, and audit its resources so that it can monitor and make decisions about how the resources are obtained, allocated and utilized for the benefit of the warfighter and the US taxpayer.
The vision of Navy ERP is to provide the Navy with information technology services to manage its worldwide resources: people, supply, and financials. The integration of financial and supply solutions on a single platform provides real-time data access and decision support to the Navy Enterprise.
Supporting Our Ships and Sailors
Navy ERP provides financial, acquisition, and supply management functionality to the Navy's major commands, ensuring that our Sailors receive the support they need to be a "Global Force for Good." By integrating complex business data into a single system, Navy ERP has laid the groundwork for improved management, performance, and readiness across the Navy enterprise.Through Navy ERP, the Navy can realize:
- Better anticipation of the fleet needs and more proactive solutions
- Improved mission performance and financial accountability from headquarters down to field activities
- Accurate information, available anywhere in the Navy to support decisions, financial auditability and compliance regulations
- Improve DON's knowledge of business operations to improve fleet readiness
- More efficient and traceable global distribution of material in the Navy supply chain
Navy ERP is a powerful business system with over 64,000 users around the world. Approximately 50 percent of the Navy’s budget is currently executed within Navy ERP, and the Navy is considering increasing that percentage.
Navy ERP replaced out-of-date, single-purposed business systems that cost millions of dollars and duplicate thousands of critical transactions. By retiring these older "legacy" systems, the Navy becomes a more efficient business operation, suitable to an organization of over 700,000 people and $130 billion; ninth largest among comparably sized business enterprises in the United States.
For the first time in Navy history, finance and supply will be fully integrated to provide real-time information to users worldwide.
Promoting Fiscal Responsibility
Navy ERP is enabling the Navy’s move toward financial transparency and accountability across its major System Commands: NAVAIR, SPAWAR, NAVSUP, NAVSEA, ONR, and SSP while significantly reducing the cost of doing business.
Using Navy ERP has already resulted in real savings, allowing the Navy to:
- Reduce the number and cost of IT systems
- Achieve significant labor cost savings through standardized business processes
- Produce auditable financial statements
- Reduce the cost and level of effort of conducting an audit
- Access a common set of secure data anywhere in the Navy
- Improve total asset visibility; increasing repairs and decreasing replacements
- Drive productivity as the skills of Navy ERP users become transferable